Los Angeles Arson Attorney
The Crime of Arson in Encino
Arson is the crime of setting a structure on fire and in order to reach a conviction, it must be proven that it was committed willfully and maliciously. Whether you are being accused of setting a fire intentionally and have been formally charged or are simply under investigation for arson, you need to speak with a Los Angeles criminal defense lawyer from Law Offices of Scott R. Spindel right away.
Types of Arson Charges
There are five different levels of arson, four of which are linked to felony charges. If you are convicted of a felony level arson charge, you could face up to 25 years in jail, as well as probation and other penalties. Beyond the possible imprisonment and fines, an arrest can remain on your record, showing up in background checks whenever you apply for a job, request a loan, register for school, or try to find a place to live.
Arson can be charged as a result of the following situations:
- Causing fire damage as a result of careless behavior
- Intentionally setting fire to private or public woods
- Setting fire to a structure while committing another crime
- Destroying another's personal property with fire
- Destroying a home or structure with fire